'Osimhen can hurt Leicester' - Foxes sent warning by ex-Derby County striker pre-NapoliPublished: September 15, 2021
Leicester City have been sent a warning before their Europa League meeting with Napoli at the King Power Stadium on Thursday night.
Former Derby County striker Francesco Baiano believes Victor Osimhen can hurt the Foxes and will be hard to contain if given room to operate.
The Nigeria international is an injury worry for manager Luciano Spalletti after suffering what appears to be muscle cramps in Napoli's 2-1 win over Juventus at the weekend.
Osimhen is part of the 21-player group that traveled to England on Wednesday and will be assessed before the game.
With Leicester City playing in front of their fans, manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to name an attacking line-up and this could leave spaces behind that the number 9 could exploit.
"The English teams when they play at home are pushed to attack by the help of the public, the mentality is that," Baiano said on Marte Sport Live, according to gonfialarete.com.
"Napoli can restart and with Osimhen they can do a lot of harm if they find space.
"It must be said that Rodgers is very very good, he knows that if he leaves 50 meters of the pitch to Osimhen he can face nasty surprises.
"Certainly, however, Leicester play well in football and make very good use of the outside as well as Vardy up front."
Baiano has no doubts that Northern Irish football tactician Rodgers would have done his homework on Osimhen in order to nullify the threats that he possesses.
"All the coaches study the matches and know very well what they are up against by giving Osimhen a lot of ground. I hope he will have plenty of space tomorrow even though Rodgers is very prepared.
"Beyond Osimhen, Napoli must play a great game on a technical level. Especially in ball possession because if you lose the ball then all the spaces attack you with very fast players".
Osimhen appeared in three matches for Napoli in last season's Europa League group stage without getting on the scoresheet.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football