Racing Genk striker Onuachu scores his first-ever goal against Standard LiegePublished: February 13, 2022
Paul Onuachu was on target as Racing Genk defeated Standard Liege 2-0 in a Belgian First Division A clash at the Cegeka Arena (Genk) on Sunday afternoon.
The former FC Midtjylland man has been in brilliant form since his return to the squad after recovering from an unfortunate hamstring injury that kept him out of the Super Eagles team that went on to score only six goals in four matches at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
Onuachu netted against Union SG in his comeback game, and then provided an assist the following matchday against Zulte Waregem but there was no goal contribution from him in the last match before the visit of Standard Liege.
The Nigeria international thought he had opened the scoring after just one minute against Standard Liege but after a lengthy VAR review his header was chalked off for offside.
Eight minutes into the second half, Onuachu made things easier for Genk by netting their second goal of the game.
The number 18 slotted home after a huge mistake at the back by Standard Liege defender Moussa Sissako, taking his tally in the league to fourteen goals in the process.
It was Onuachu's first ever goal against Standard Liege and it came in his seventh appearance against the Reds.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football