Inter Milan eye Nigerian as replacement for Tottenham-bound winger Ivan PerisicPublished: May 30, 2022
According to Corriere dello Sport via Tuttomercatoweb, Italian Serie A side Inter Milan are targeting a move for Italian-born Nigerian wing-back Destiny Udogie as a potential replacement for 2018 Croatia World Cup star Ivan Perisic.
Tottenham Hotspur are on the brink of announcing the capture of the versatile winger on a free transfer.
Fabrizio Romano has informed that Perisic is expected to fly to England today for a routine medical ahead of his reunion with Antonio Conte, under whom he won a Serie A title with Inter Milan in 2021.
Ivan Perisić will fly to London today in order to undergo his medical as new Tottenham player. Perisić will be in England in the coming hours also to meet again with Antonio Conte and sign the contract with Spurs. ⚪️🛩 #THFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 30, 2022
Two-year deal agreed. Here we go confirmed. pic.twitter.com/uuthQRayZs
Inter Milan will be on the lookout for a new wing-back with the imminent departure of Perisic, who has been on the books of the Nerazzurri for seven years after joining from VfL Wolfsburg.
Three players, including Udogie, have been identified by Inter's recruitment team as a potential replacement for Perisic, the others being Andrea Cambiaso (Genoa) and Raoul Bellanova (Cagliari).
Udogie's impressive displays last season have caught the eye of Inter Milan and at just nineteen years old he has made 41 appearances in the Italian top-flight.
Inter Milan will have to see off competition from Juventus to sign the 15 million euro-rated Udogie.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football