Istanbul giants Besiktas are reportedly working on a deal to sign Super Eagles star Henry Onyekuru.
Turkish sports daily Fanatik reported on Wednesday night that Besiktas have targeted the Olympiakos player as a replacement for Canada national teamer Cyle Larin, who has rejected a new deal and has been heavily linked with a move to Premier League new boys Nottingham Forest.
Onyekuru had a season to forget at Olympiakos last term, scoring one goal in 27 appearances across all competitions.
The 25-year-old still has a good reputation in Turkey due to his brilliant performances in three different loan spells at Galatasaray, with whom he won the Super Lig and Turkish Cup in 2019.
Besiktas have held initial talks with Onyekuru's camp over a transfer and it is a reported that the deal could be concluded in a short time.
Olympiakos are open to the idea of selling the Nigerian or loaning him out this summer as he's not in the plans of manager Pedro Martins for the upcoming season.
The former Everton, Monaco and Eupen man has a contract with the 47-time Greek champions until June 30, 2025.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- 'Not impossible' - Agent admits Man Utd-linked Nigeria star could leave Napoli next summer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football