Chelsea old boy Victor Moses has started the season on fire after scoring in back-to-back games in the Russian Premier League for Spartak Moscow.
The former Nigeria international netted a Goal of the Season contender in the opening round of matches against
Akhmat Grozny, and then got on the scoresheet again as Spartak Moscow registered an impressive 4-1 road win over Krasnodar on Saturday, July 23.
2 goals in 2 games! 🔴⚪️— FC Spartak Moscow (@fcsm_eng) July 23, 2022
Victor Moses is on fire 🔥 pic.twitter.com/OKl1hDmFyh
Moses admitted that he is not a player known for scoring goals week in, week out and hopes to keep firing on all cylinders.
Indeed, the last time the 2017 Premier League winner managed to score in back-to-back games prior to the trip to Krasnodar was in the second half of the 2020-2021 season when he found the net against Dynamo Moscow and Rostov.
In recent seasons, the goals have not been flowing for Moses as he is tasked with defensive and offensive duties as a right wingback, compared to his younger years when he played as a winger and striker.
Speaking to Spartak's official YouTube channel, Moses stated : "It was good to get on the scoresheet. I'm not that player that everyone knows at scoring goals every week.
"But I will do my best to help the team, the team comes first. The only thing is to add my quality to what we already have here.
"We'll keep working together as a team. I am pleased with the way I have started and hopefully I'll keep the momentum going."
Moses spent nine years at Chelsea, scoring 18 goals in 128 all-competition appearances while providing thirteen assists.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Ex-Fiorentina star reveals preferred striker between Osimhen and Chelsea loanee Lukaku
- World Cup 2022 : Okocha praises brilliant Cameroon GK who made his debut last year v Nigeria
- 2022 World Cup : Nigerian fans have their say on Ghana captain Ayew penalty miss v Uruguay
- 'They were punished' - Aghahowa explains why Ghana missed chance to qualify for round of 16
- 1994 AFCON winner blames Jordan Ayew, Amartey for Uruguay's opener, hails Suarez for assist
- Ex-Arsenal U21 skipper Ajayi makes injury return after missing 15 games for club, country
- Millwall set to beat Wolves, Southampton in race for highly-rated Irish-Nigerian striker
- Chelsea loanee Anjorin returns to action after 75 days out
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee beats another Nigeria target to Crystal Palace POTM
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football