The long-awaited return of the Premier League is here and Mikel Arteta's Arsenal would be facing Patrick Vieira's Crystal Palace in a classic showdown at Selhurst Park tonight.
The same fixture last season saw the Gunners lose by three goals to nil. If anything, it shows that the Gunners would need to be at their best in order to gain anything from the upcoming match.
The big news for Palace's squad is the pending absence of Nigeria-eligible midfielder Michael Olise who has been kept out of action since sustaining a foot injury at the end of last season.
Crystal Palace has been one of the most flexible teams in the Premier League since Vieira's arrival with the team shifting from a 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 effectively.
However, with Olise unavailable, allnigeriasoccer.com takes a look at how Vieira can set up his team for Arsenal's visit.
Assuming the Palace' boss sticks to the 4-3-3 which is most likely, Nigeria-eligible midfielder Malcolm Ebiowei can take Olise's place on the left side of the attack with Zaha and Mateta, Edouard, Benteke or Ayew completing the attacking three.
Eberechi Eze can also take a spot among the two number eights.
However, if a change to a 4-2-3-1 is adopted, Eze is most likely to play as an advanced midfielder.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football