Premier League giants Liverpool have bolstered their defensive ranks with the signing of English-born Nigerian central defender Oludare Olufunwa.
The Nigeria U23 hopeful has taken to social media to announce that his transfer to the Anfield side is done and dusted.
Olufunwa had been searching for a new club after he was surprisingly released by Southampton.
The 2001-born defender was on the books of Southampton for eleven years and departed the Saints at the end of June without making his professional debut or being called up to the senior squad for a competitive game.
However, the 21-year-old was often invited to train with the first team and participated in some pre-season friendlies during his time at the St Mary's Stadium.
Liverpool have poached players from Southampton in recent years, bringing in Sadio Mané, Virgil Van Dijk and Danny Ings.
Olufunwa will be hoping to follow in their footsteps by playing for the first team of one of the traditional clubs in the world.
Writing on Twitter, Olufunwa said : "Excited to be joining this great club, what a special place! Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, time to get to work."
Excited to be joining this great club, what a special place! Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, time to get to work ! 🔴❤️ pic.twitter.com/gWwtUy8TvM— Oludare Olufunwa (@oludareolufunwa) August 9, 2022
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football