Germany international Timo Werner has left Stamford Bridge on a permanent transfer back to his former club RB Leipzig for a fee in the region of 30 million euros after failing to adjust to the rigours of English football.
The rapid attacker is leaving the club having won the Champions League, Super Cup and the Club World Cup.
Super Eagles and Blues legend Obi Mikel has liked a Chelsea Instagram post announcing the departure of the 26-year-old forward to the German Bundesliga.
"Timo Werner has completed a permanent transfer to RB Leipzig," Chelsea wrote on Instagram.
The post has been liked by Mikel and 114, 690 Instagram users as at the time of writing this report.
Werner has struggled in his short time in London and has been heavily criticized for his profligate finishing and it appears Mikel endorses his move back to Germany.
Mikel who spent ten-and-a-half years at Chelsea racked up 372 appearances in all competitions, picking up gold medals in the Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, Carling Cup, UEFA Champions League and Europa League.
The 35-year-old free agent won the Africa Cup Of Nations with the Super Eagles in 2013 and participated with the National team at the FIFA World Cup on two occasions
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football