Over the weekend, Nigerian footballers played for their various clubs in Europe.
Allnigeriasoccer.com takes a look at the top performers of the weekend (3rd - 4th of September 2022).
1) Umar Sadiq (Real Sociedad - La Liga Santander) : Sadiq was the hero of the day in his side's draw with Atletico Madrid on Saturday.
The lanky forward was brought on in the second half for his debut and he went on to score his first goal for Real Sociedad in their 1-1 draw with Atletico Madrid.
The 2016 Olympic Games Bronze medalist now has three goals in four La Liga matches.
2) Josh Maja (Bordeaux - French Ligue 2) : The Sunderland Academy product was the star of the show in Bordeaux's 3-1 win over Paris FC.
The Nigeria international scored a hat-trick in 83 minutes of action to guide his employers to their fourth league win of the season.
Maja now has four goals in seven Ligue 2 games this season.
3) Calvin Bassey (AFC Ajax - Dutch Eredivisie) : The Super Eagles left-back played a huge role in Ajax Amsterdam's 4-0 win over SC Cambuur.
Bassey helped his side keep a clean sheet and also provided an assist.
4) Olakunle Olusegun (FC Krasnodar - Russian Premier League) : His fine start to the campaign continued as he scored a goal and assisted another in FC Krasnodar's 2-1 victory over FC Sochi.
The former Nigeria youth international has now scored three goals in the Russian top-flight this term.
5) Ibrahim Olawoyin (Ankara Keçiörengücü - Turkey TFF 1 League) : His goal and assist helped Ankara Keçiörengücü to a 2-1 home win versus Sakaryaspor .
The former Enugu Rangers star now has two goals and four assists to his name this season.
6) Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City - Premier League) : The 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup Golden Ball winner scored his first goal of the season in the Foxes huge loss to Brighton And Hove Albion.
Iheanacho gave Leicester City the lead in the 1st minute before the Seagulls responded.
7) Folarin Balogun (Stade de Reims - French Ligue 1) : Nigeria's top performer in Europe's top five leagues in the new season in terms of goals scored continues to catch the eye in the French Ligue 1.
The Arsenal loanee scored his fifth Ligue 1 goal of the season in the 71st minute before RC Lens scored to share the spoils.
8) James Adeniyi (Tuzlaspor - Turkish TFF 1 Lig) : James bagged a brace to lead Tuzlaspor to a 4-1 win over
The 29-year-old who featured for 82 minutes now has two goals in four league appearances this term.
Photo Credit : ajax.nl
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football