Napoli have received a boost ahead of their UEFA Champions League showdown against Liverpool at the Diego Maradona Stadium on Wednesday evening.
The Blues reported on their official website that Victor Osimhen participated in full training with the rest of the Napoli squad in their final workout at the SSCN Konami Training Center on Wednesday, paving the way for him to be named on the provisional roster for the visit of Jurgen Klopp's team.
It is not a foregone conclusion that the Nigeria international will be in the final squad on Wednesday evening.
Manager Luciano Spalletti has selected twenty-four players, meaning one player must be axed from the squad at least one and a half hours before kickoff as UEFA permits teams to name a maximum of 23 players in the matchday squad.
Previously, Osimhen had been rated as doubtful after suffering a minor muscle-related injury in the closing minutes of the Serie A clash against Lazio on Saturday.
The 23-year-old trained on his own in Monday's recovery workout and followed his own programme in the gym and on the pitch the following day.
He has started every single game played by Napoli in the new season, scoring two goals. .
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football