Arsenal's Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo continued his impressive loan spell at Crewe Alexandra as they were held to a goalless draw by Carlisle United at Brunton Park on Saturday.
In search of regular game time following his promotion to the Gunners first team in the summer of 2021, Okonkwo joined Crewe Alexandra on a season-long loan in July.
Since arriving at The Railwaymen, Okonkwo has performed excellently, posting five clean sheets in matches against Harrogate Town. Sutton United, Bradford, Crawley Town and Carlisle United, while conceding eleven goals in eleven appearances in the League Two.
Against Carlisle United, he made a great save to deny Gibson from breaking the deadlock in the 52nd minute, pushing the winger's shot from 30 yards out behind for a corner.
And with fifteen minutes remaining, the Arsenal loanee was alert when Patrick tried his luck after creating space for a shot.
Okonkwo has been one of the revelations for a Crewe Alexandra team who are four points behind the promotion play-off positions with eleven games played.
The 21-year-old has yet to make his senior debut for Arsenal but has been named in ten matchday squads including seven in the Premier League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football