Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore is confident the club will tie ex-Flying Eagles invitee Fisayo Dele-Bashiru down to new contract.
The Manchester City academy product has entered the final one year of his contract with Sheffield Wednesday and has been linked with clubs higher up the football pyramid in England.
Dele-Bashiru is having a tremendous season for the Owls, scoring a career high five goals from fourteen appearances in all competitions.
The box-to-box midfielder also shone in 2021-2022, making 25 appearances combined in the League One and playoffs as Moore's side narrowly missed promotion back to the Championship.
Moore has revealed that Dele-Bashiru is happy at Sheffield Wednesday but the new deal has to be right for all parties.
Asked if he was still optimistic of persuading Dele-Bashiru to commit his long-term future to the club, Moore told Yorkshire Live: "Yeah, as a manager, I've got to be (confident).
"Myself and the staff are working extremely hard with him. When I look at his game from last year to where it is now, he has improved massively. That is work on the training ground. It is breaking down an individual's game and looking at what you can add to it.
"We have certainly added elements to his game with the ability that he has got and we will continue to do so. I am confident that he will sign and I know we are doing all that we can."
Fisayo, younger brother of former Nigeria U23 international and Watford midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru, was called up to a Flying Eagles training camp in Germany before the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup in Poland.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football