World Cup 2022 : Hakimi, Griezmann earn plaudits from former Nigeria fullbackPublished: December 15, 2022
Former Super Eagles fullback Ifeanyi Udeze has heaped plaudits on the Moroccan national team defence especially PSG right back Achraf Hakimi for giving defending champions France a difficult task of reaching the final of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
Morocco lost 2-0 to Didier Deschamps' team Wednesday night at the Al Bayt Stadium but earned the respect of the football world with their performance.
Udeze on analysis duty for Brila FM, Lagos as monitored by All Nigeria Soccer also spoke on the contributions of Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.
"Mbappe at some point didn't have much to do. That means he was doing a job (Hakimi) of keeping him busy," Udeze said in agreement with Brila FM Managing Director and Chief Executive, Dr Larry Izamoje.
"The idea is either we plant a man to follow him or keep him out of the match," the former Nigerian left back further stated.
On Griezmann, Udeze said: "Griezmann is a kind of player every coach wants. He runs everywhere, attacking wise and defensively. He does a very good job for the team," Udeze noted.
France will face Argentina in Sunday's final at 1600 hours Nigerian time while Morocco and Croatia play the 3rd place playoff 24 hours earlier.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football