Clubs in Germany interested in Celtic's German-Nigerian stopperPublished: January 20, 2023
Glasgow Celtic's Super Eagles-eligible central defender Moritz Jenz is being linked with a departure from the Scottish champions in the January transfer window.
The Lorient-owned player joined the Hoops on a season-long loan last July with an option to buy him outright at the end of the season.
The 23-year-old was one of the first names on manager Ange Postecoglou's teamsheet for the group stage of the Champions League, going the distance in all the matches played by the Bhoys.
But things have been looking bleak for Jenz since the restart of domestic action, with the center back not tasting action in eight consecutive matches across all competitions.
Celtic's capture of promising Japanese youngster Yuki Kobayashi has further pushed him down the pecking order of central defenders.
According to Sky Sports reporter Anthony Joseph, Jenz is exploring his options amid interest from unnamed clubs in Germany.
He turned out for the youth teams of Alemannia 06 Haselhorst, SC Siemensstadt and Tennis Borussia Berlin before leaving his native Germany for the Fulham academy in 2015.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football