Key Super Eagles player announces departure from Watford ahead of imminent Serie A returnPublished: January 23, 2023
Super Eagles assistant captain William Troost-Ekong has announced his departure from Watford ahead of his imminent return to the Italian Serie A.
According to Italian transfer market expert Gianluca Di Marzio, the central defender has landed in Salerno, where he will undergo a medical ahead of his unveiling by Salernitana.
Troost-Ekong is expected to join Salernitana on loan for the remainder of the 2022-2023 season with an obligation to buy him from Watford.
Signed from Udinese in September 2020, the Nigeria national teamer registered 68 appearances in all competitions for the Hornets, with seventeen of those in the Premier League, and wrote his name on the scoresheet on two occasions.
He has some Serie A experience under his belt, having played 65 matches during his time with Udinese.
Troost-Ekong took to social media on Monday evening to send a farewell message to everyone associated with Watford.
Writing on Twitter, he said : "The moment has come for me to move on from Watford after 3 special seasons shared with everyone involved.
"From everyone at the restaurant, security workers, volunteers at the stadium to the medical & office staff and all the rest you have made my time what it was."
Troost-Ekong's teammate at the 2018 World Cup, Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo is on the books of Salernitana but has been loaned out to Benevento for the entirety of the season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Three hits and three flops from Super Falcons goalless draw against Cameroon
- Super Falcons player ratings: Echegini makes a statement; Ohale evergreen; Nnadozie safe hands; Oshoala struggles
- Oshoala frustrated to be substituted and four other takeaways from Super Falcons draw v Cameroon
- Cameroon 0 Nigeria 0: Echegini's goal ruled out as Super Falcons forced to goalless draw in Olympic qualifier
- Troost-Ekong namechecks two Super Eagles players behind his decision not to quit national team pre-AFCON
- 'One of the best players in the world' - Saudi Pro League target Troost-Ekong fancies playing with Ronaldo
- Ohale v Onguene: The key battle that could decide Super Falcons' clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles-eligible striker tight-lipped on future amid Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United links
- Seamless betting: How to use a single bonus across casino and sports
- Everything you need to know about Super Falcons mouthwatering clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football