Chelsea v Fulham : Will Madueke and Chukwumeka be involved in some capacity?Published: February 03, 2023
Nigeria-eligible duo Carney Chukwuemeka and Noni Madueke will likely start on the substitute bench on Friday night when Chelsea begin this weekend's Premier League fixtures against fellow London side, Fulham.
Chelsea will be on a revenge mission after they were beaten away by the Cottagers recently with former Chelsea forward, William, scoring a late winner.
The Blues are undefeated in their last nineteen home games against Fulham in all competitions since October 1979.
As the Chelsea renaissance begins in earnest with the FIFA Club Word Cup holders not guaranteed of a Champions League qualification this season, Chukwuemeka and Madueke will be hoping to impress manager Graham Potter.
Chukwuemeka has played 197 minutes of club football in the Premier League this season in eight matches mostly from the bench and could add to that numbers as the new star players in the team get themselves familiarized with team tactics.
England Under-21 international, Madueke, could make his debut for the Blues Friday night if Hakim Ziyech is not considered for this game.
The Moroccan was scheduled to sign a loan deal for the rest of the season at PSG but Chelsea missed the cut off for his registration.
The player's head may not be at the right place emotionally at the moment which presents an opportunity for Madueke to step forward and stake a claim to one of the wide positions.
The Anglo-Nigerian's playing chances this night has also been boosted by the absence of on-loan forward, Joao Felix who is on loan from Atletico Madrid.
Felix was red-carded on his debut for the team and would be serving the last of his three-match suspension.
To add more advantages to Madueke's possibilities to make his bow is the injury-induced absence of Christian Pulisic.
Should the Nigeria-eligible duo get the chances to impress and maximize them, it gives Graham Potter a lot of selection headaches.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Newly capped Norway U20 winger with Nigerian passport joins Bodo/Glimt
- Report : Spartak make transfer decision on ex-Chelsea star Moses ahead of summer window
- Lens join Brentford in race to sign defender who impressed for Super Eagles v Guinea-Bissau
- Done deal : Glasgow Rangers confirm signing of 2023 Flying Eagles invitee
- Balogun's international future : Arsenal boss Arteta shares advice to Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Dennis' chip against Newcastle up for Nottingham Forest Goal of the Month
- Nigeria-eligible striker joins Southampton on pro terms after trialing at Chelsea, Man Utd
- How is Man United prospect Shoretire performing on loan at Bolton?
- Arsenal tracking 25-cap Nigeria international as potential replacement for Balogun
- Another Nigerian player battling to overcome injury ahead of Italian Serie A return
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football