Iheanacho involved in three goals as Leicester City beat Aston Villa 4-2Published: February 04, 2023
Kelechi Iheanacho was at his best as Leicester City registered a 4-2 road win against Aston Villa in a Premier League clash at Villa Park on Saturday evening.
Making only his second start of the season in the topflight, the Nigeria international was involved in all the three goals netted by the Foxes in the first half - scoring one and setting up two.
Ollie Watkins opened the scoring after nine minutes but Leicester City were back on level terms three minutes later as James Maddison got on the scoresheet after Iheanacho unselfishly squared the ball across.
An own goal from Harry Souttar put Aston Villa back in front in the 32nd minute but the Foxes were level again courtesy of Iheanacho, who finished with a diving header.
Two minutes into first half stoppage time, the Leicester City number 14 turned from scorer to provider when he threaded an inch-perfect through ball into Tetê and the Brazilian dribbled Martínez before finding the net.
In a triple change by manager Brendan Rodgers, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison and Iheanacho were replaced by Nampalys Mendy, Dennis Praet and Jamie Vardy respectively midway through the second half.
Substitute Praet got Leicester City's fourth goal when he rounded goalkeeper Emi Martinez in the 79th minute.
Before the trip to Aston Villa, the last time Iheanacho contributed to three goals in the Premier League was against his former club Manchester City in December 2021.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football