How Chukwueze is transforming into one of La Liga's most dangerous wingersPublished: March 02, 2023
Super Eagles star Samuel Chukwueze was on the scoresheet on Monday when Villarreal defeated Getafe at the Estadio La Ceramica.
Chukwueze's latest brilliant performance earned him a spot in the La Liga Team of the Week.
The Villarreal winger is enjoying a fruitful season for the Yellow Submarine in the attacking third, with a career best eighteen goal involvements (10 goals, 8 assists) in all competitions.
He has scored 3 goals and assisted 3 times this season in La Liga, the same goal contributions (goals plus assists) he had over the course of the 2021-2022 campaign.
The right winger has always been a thorn in the flesh of left-backs with his mesmerizing skills, but he has never been consistently productive with goals and assists.
This is why his performances this season have been a sign of improvement.
Stats have revealed that Chukweze is finding more of his shots on target and more of his shots are resulting in goals this season than he was last season.
30% of his shots have been on target this season as compared to last season where 22% of his shots were on target. This explains why he is on the verge of scoring more goals than he did last season.
The 23-year-old's link-up play is also on the rise, he is setting up his teammates in more dangerous and scoring positions than he did last season.
He is averaging 0.52 goal-creating actions per game( the last two offensive actions be it a shot, pass or a foul won before a goal is scored) as compared to last season when he had 0.47 goal-creating actions. This implies that he is being more productive with the ball.
While his goals and assists tally for this season are far from being world-class, he is showing signs of improvement.
If Chukwueze can continue to improve his form in front of goal and decision-making, he can become one of La Liga and ultimately Europe's most lethal wingers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football