How Chukwueze is transforming into one of La Liga's most dangerous wingersPublished: March 02, 2023
Super Eagles star Samuel Chukwueze was on the scoresheet on Monday when Villarreal defeated Getafe at the Estadio La Ceramica.
Chukwueze's latest brilliant performance earned him a spot in the La Liga Team of the Week.
The Villarreal winger is enjoying a fruitful season for the Yellow Submarine in the attacking third, with a career best eighteen goal involvements (10 goals, 8 assists) in all competitions.
He has scored 3 goals and assisted 3 times this season in La Liga, the same goal contributions (goals plus assists) he had over the course of the 2021-2022 campaign.
The right winger has always been a thorn in the flesh of left-backs with his mesmerizing skills, but he has never been consistently productive with goals and assists.
This is why his performances this season have been a sign of improvement.
Stats have revealed that Chukweze is finding more of his shots on target and more of his shots are resulting in goals this season than he was last season.
30% of his shots have been on target this season as compared to last season where 22% of his shots were on target. This explains why he is on the verge of scoring more goals than he did last season.
The 23-year-old's link-up play is also on the rise, he is setting up his teammates in more dangerous and scoring positions than he did last season.
He is averaging 0.52 goal-creating actions per game( the last two offensive actions be it a shot, pass or a foul won before a goal is scored) as compared to last season when he had 0.47 goal-creating actions. This implies that he is being more productive with the ball.
While his goals and assists tally for this season are far from being world-class, he is showing signs of improvement.
If Chukwueze can continue to improve his form in front of goal and decision-making, he can become one of La Liga and ultimately Europe's most lethal wingers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football