England or Nigeria? Fulham CB Tosin makes decision on international future pre-Guinea-BissauPublished: March 03, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that Tosin Adarabioyo remains committed to England amid sensational reports in the local media that claimed Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro had invited the Fulham central defender for the national team's upcoming Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Guinea-Bissau.
Born in Manchester, Tosin has earned caps for the Young Lions at U16, U17, U18 and U19 levels, but another point of clarity is that he is not provisionally cap-tied to England as all the games were non-binding.
Though Tosin can play for the Super Eagles straightaway, without requesting a change of association like the cases involving William Troost-Ekong and Alex Iwobi, the Manchester City academy product has ruled himself out of selection for the Super Eagles' matches with Guinea-Bissau.
Allnigeriasoccer.com contacted CEO and Founder of Closeview, Gbolahan Adarabioyo, who is Tosin's agent and brother, to set the record straight regarding the international future of the former Manchester City youth team skipper.
Gbolahan was also asked to shed light on the visit of Nigeria Football Federation's Technical Director, Augustine Eguavoen to Selhurst Park for the Premier League match between Crystal Palace and Fulham.
"The long and short of it is that he has not switched from England to Nigeria. It is very unlikely that he would accept an invitation to play for Nigeria this month," Gbolahan Adarabioyo told allnigeriasoccer.com.
"That is not to say that Tosin would not consider playing for Nigeria in future, but at this moment, no.
"Augustine Eguavoen is a friend. He asked to come and watch the game at Selhurst Park not for any particular reason (of scouting Tosin)."
It is known that the Nigeria coaches and NFF scouts are scouring Europe for a reliable central defender as Leon Balogun (34), William Troost-Ekong (29) and Kenneth Omeruo (29) are not getting any younger in football terms.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football