Chukwueze's strike against Osasuna takes his goal involvements to 22 for the seasonPublished: March 19, 2023
Samuel Chukwueze was on target as Villarreal thrashed Osasuna 3-0 at Estadio El Sadar on Sunday evening.
Following his strike against Los Rojillos, the Nigeria international has now registered 22 goal involvements (11 goals, 11 assists) from 38 appearances across all competitions so far this season.
Chukwueze gave Villareal the lead in the 14th minute after a lovely team move from the away side.
The winger would have doubled the lead for the Yellow Submarine in the 18th minute but the goal was ruled out for offside.
Villarreal was forced to make a change in the 35th minute after Gerard Moreno was brought off due to injury and was replaced by José Luis Morales.
Chukwueze's goal was the only difference between both sides heading into halftime.
He couldn't add to his tally as he was brought off in the 85th minute for Kiko Femenia.
It was Morales who was responsible for Villareal's second goal in the 85th minute and bagged his brace in the 93rd minute to seal Villarreal's victory.
The win stretched Villarreal's lead over 7th placed Athletic Bilbao to 5 points heading into the last international break of the season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football