Coaster bus, Stadium blackout : Peserio, Super Eagles stars frustrated over poor preparationsPublished: March 22, 2023
The Super Eagles continued their preparations for Friday's 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Guinea-Bissau with another training session held at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium on Tuesday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The training started at approximately 1800 hours because the Guinea national team were having a feel of the stadium before Wednesday's Olympic qualifying match with Nigeria.
Portuguese football tactician Jose Peseiro was visibly frustrated that the training session was aborted, lasting less than one hour, due to lack of lighting inside the Moshood Abiola National Stadium.
The generator powering the facilities developed fault and officials have claimed that the generator will be repaired, today, Wednesday, March 22.
Another grey area regarding the Super Eagles' preparation for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier is the problem of transportation.
The players, most of them on the books of top European clubs, are unhappy that they were cramped inside a mini coaster bus, which has been taking them to and fro training since the start of preparations on Monday, March 20.
The Super Eagles stars have insisted that they have not been shown respect by the Nigeria Football Federation.
The official team coach of the Super Eagles was stationed at the National Stadium on Tuesday, where it's usually parked.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football