Former Spartak Moscow chief tips Victor Moses to step into the shoes of injured Quincy PromesPublished: April 03, 2023
Former deputy general director of Spartak Moscow, Vladimir Kuzmichev has backed Victor Moses to take over the duties of Quincy Promes, who is set for a spell on the sidelines.
Promes came off the bench in the goalless draw against Akhmat Grozny at the weekend but was replaced by Keita Baldé nine minutes into the second half after suffering an injury.
Netherlands international Promes has been Spartak Moscow's standout player this season, scoring 21 goals and registering nine assists in thirty outings across all competitions.
Moses made a long-awaited comeback from injury on Saturday, playing for 29 minutes after entering the game as a substitute - his first appearance in 238 days for the Red and Whites.
The former Chelsea star was enjoying a fine season before sustaining an Achilles tendon injury in August 2022, forcing him to miss twenty five consecutive matches.
"Of course, Quincy is one of the brightest players of Spartak, " Kuzmichev.told RB Sport, via sportbox.ru.
"In attack, a lot depended on him. On the other hand, Moses has already started getting playing time. He should in this situation take over the duties of Promes."
Asked if he thinks Moses will now be a key player at Spartak, Kuzmichev responded : "We saw what he looked like before the injury. Then he sharpened and scored.
"During Quincy's absence, Moses must take over as the offensive leader."
In the next round of matches in the Russian Premier League, third-placed Spartak Moscow will host city rivals Dynamo.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Chukwueze and Moffi nominated for Europa Conference League Goal of the Tournament
- Cremonese and Rangers continue to thrash out terms for transfer of Super Eagles striker
- 2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended Uzoho
- Manu Garba names eight players he groomed who have been called up for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- 'Has great prospects' - Manu Garba reveals Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu is a star of the future
- Official: Lagos-born Man Utd youth product joins Hungarian champions Ferencvaros
- Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu on target but Bendel Insurance's 21-match unbeaten run ends
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football