Arsenal-owned Flying Eagles-eligible defender scores first senior goalPublished: April 03, 2023
Republic of Ireland underage international of Nigerian descent, Mazeed Ogungbo scored his first senior goal this past weekend.
The Arsenal-owned defender was on target but the goal counted for nothing as Crawley Town were hammered 4-1 by Mansfield Town in a League Two match at the One Call Stadium.
Eligible for the Flying Eagles through his dad, Ogungbo scored what was only a consolation goal with nineteen minutes left on the clock.
With the Red Devils trailing 4-0, the Irish-Nigerian pulled one back in the 71st minute when he finished off a sublime team move with a well placed shot that beat goalkeeper Christy Pym.
Ogungbo's other goal involvement as a professional came against Rochdale on March 25 when he bagged an assist in a 2-0 win.
Although he has yet to make his competitive debut for parent club, Arsenal, he has been invited to train with the first team on countless occasions by manager Mikel Arteta.
The left-footed center back was called up for Premier League away games against Crystal Palace and Southampton during the 2021-2022 season without getting minutes.
Ogungbo has been on the books of Arsenal since the age of thirteen and signed his first professional contract in August 2021.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football