'They hurt everyone' - Former Gent striker lauds goal machine Orban and strike partnerPublished: April 04, 2023
Former Gent striker, Nordin Jbari has extolled the brilliance of Nigerian striker Gift Orban and his strike partner, Hugo Cuypers for their performances this season for KAA Gent in the Jupiler Pro League.
Orban and Cuypers bagged a brace for Gent last weekend in their 5-0 spanking of RFC Seraing with the former assisting the latter for his first goal.
Orban who joined Gent in the January transfer window has been a nightmare for defences in the Belgian topflight. He has scored 9 goals in 7 games for the Buffalos.
Cuypers on the other hand is the leading goalscorer in the league, having scored 18 goals in 30 games.
Jbari while speaking on the brilliance of Orban and Cuypers was quoted as saying by Voetbal Primeur : "They hurt everyone. And not just with their goals. Thanks to them, an opponent cannot press high.
"Who dares to leave room in his back against this duo? They are both fast, Kums or De Sart can drop the balls perfectly into space".
The former Gent striker is also worried about how Union Saint-Gilloise who have another Nigerian striker, Victor Boniface in their ranks will cope with the attacking threat of the Gent duo in their next league game on Saturday.
'I'm really curious how Union will handle it on Saturday - that will be an important match. What if Burgess and Co get caught in the back by Orban or Cuypers? There are opportunities for Ghent there."
Orban and Cuypers are the first choices of Hein Vanhaezebrouck's two-man attack and since the Nigerian made his league debut against Westerlo on the 11th of February, he has scored a combined 14 league goals with Cuypers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football