'One of the best strikers out there' - Peseiro hails Osimhen after title-winning goal for NapoliPublished: May 05, 2023
Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro has hailed Victor Osimhen for his exceptional performances for Napoli this season and labeled him one of the best strikers in the world.
The Nigeria national teamer played a key role as Napoli ended their 33-year wait for the Serie A title after coming from behind to earn a 1-1 draw with Udinese on Thursday night.
Osimhen, who led the line all season for Napoli, was the player that would get the goal that would win them the Scudetto as he slotted home from close range after the Udinese goalkeeper parried the ball into his path in the 52nd minute.
The draw was enough to seal Napoli's triumph having established a 16-point lead over second-placed Lazio, with five games to spare.
Peseiro while speaking on the quality of Osimhen after Napoli's league triumph said to Tuttomercatoweb.com : "Victor Osimhen is one of the best strikers out there. Goal is in Victor's blood even though he's still very young.
"He knows how to score in every way, and he knows how to do everything else too.
"He presses continuously, he's physical, and he plays for the team and himself. Osimhen and Napoli have done something incredible this year."
The Portuguese football tactician when asked about Osimhen's goalscoring feat also said:
"It's certainly not easy to have this continuity in front of goal, usually a centre-forward finds these numbers later in his career.
"That's why I tell you that already today Victor is undoubtedly part of the striker's elite. He lives with the obsession of becoming the most strong".
Osimhen is in contention to win the Capocannoniere, awarded to the highest goalscorer in the Italian top-flight each season.
The 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup winner leads the top scorer charts after notching 22 goals, three more than his closest challenger, Lautaro Martinez who has bagged 19 goals for Inter Milan.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- 2015 Golden Eaglets invitee among three Gabriels on target as Arsenal edge seven-goal thriller at Luton
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football