'Saturday morning he went to Rome' - Napoli coach reacts to Osimhen's outburst after substitutionPublished: May 21, 2023
Napoli manager, Luciano Spalletti has spoken about Victor Osimhen's angry reaction after he was brought off in Napoli's 3-1 win over Inter Milan on Sunday evening at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.
Spalletti took off Osimhen in the 69th minute and was replaced by Giovanni Simeone, a decision that didn't go well with the the Nigerian.
He was seen expressing his disapproval over his substitution and pushed one of Spalleti's assistants, Daniele Baldini as he expressed his anger.
Addressing Osimhen's outburst in his post-match conference, Spalleti was quoted to have said by Calcionapoli24: "Osimhen nervous? The needs are what he has to do as a center forward, which he has always done. So we all have these needs there, he can get angry but it's not always the coach's fault if you change.
"The forwards live for goals. If one is below his means, as in this week when he had the flu, then on Saturday morning he went to Rome to get his driving licence. Everyone goes where they want."
The 24-year-old was seen after the match celebrating with his teammates and applauding the fans, a gesture which must have buried any thought of him not being happy at Napoli.
Despite not being on the scoresheet, the Super Eagles forward still leadS the race for the Seria A's top scorer award with 23 goals, three more than his nearest challenger, Lautaro Martinez.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football