'They're a very strong team' - Chelsea's Italy U20 star Casadei wary of Flying EaglesPublished: May 23, 2023
Chelsea's Italy U20 international Cesare Casadei has admitted that Gli Azzurrini will be facing a formidable opponent in Nigeria when both nations clash at the Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza on Wednesday in a Group D fixture at the ongoing FIFA U20 World Cup.
One of the most talented Italian players, Casadei sealed a move to Chelsea from Inter Milan last summer for a guaranteed fee of fifteen million euros, plus another five million euros in performance-related add-ons.
The central midfielder was loaned out to Reading for the second half of the 2022-2023 season, making fifteen appearances in the physically-demanding Championship.
Casadei started the World Cup with a bang, scoring a brace and providing an assist as the Italians shocked five-time champions Brazil 3-2 in their opener on Sunday.
Everything is at stake when the Flying Eagles battle the Italians on Wednesday, with the winner guaranteed qualification to the round of sixteen.
Speaking to ANSA, via Eurosport, Casadei said: "They are a very strong team, we must enter the field with the same spirit as the challenge against Brazil".
Flying Eagles number 10 Victor Eletu, who made his Nigeria U20 debut against Dominican Republic two days ago, knows a thing or two about the Italian players given that he's on the books of AC Milan and features in the Italian Primavera for their U19 team.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football