'Reads the game intelligently'- Pundit urges Liverpool to sign Flying Eagles star DagaPublished: May 26, 2023
English pundit Ben Bocsak has urged Liverpool to sign impressive Flying Eagles of Nigeria midfielder Daniel Daga.
Daga has caught the attention of many with his performances in the middle of the park for the Flying Eagles of Nigeria at the ongoing FIFA U-20 World Cup.
The 16-year-old has gone the distance in the first two games played by the Flying Eagles at the World Cup, playing as a holding midfielder.
He was also part of the Flying Eagles team that won the bronze medal at the U20 Africa Cup of Nations but got injured in the first game against eventual champions Senegal.
His ability to dominate opponents has been one of the reasons why the two-time finalist are yet to concede a goal from open play.
With the competition serving as a platform for young players to showcase their potential to the world, clubs across the globe are always on sight to hand-pick the best talents.
Bocsak while explaining why Liverpool should acquire the services of the Flying Eagles midfielder in his article for Liverpool Echo wrote:
"A really dynamic and composed player, Daga is already impressive physically despite his age but he also reads the game really intelligently and has the composure on the ball to really control the midfield.
"Those attributes would make him fit like a glove in this Liverpool team, which needs someone of his ilk to control and dictate games".
He added: "The way he covers the ground and has energy and the speed over long distances makes him overall a really exciting midfield prospect and one whose hard-working style could resonate with Klopp's system at Liverpool."
Daga who currently represents Nigerian side, Dakkada Fc will likely take the next step and move to Europe if he continues his excellent performances in the middle of the park for Ladan Bosso's side.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football