'Players in all positions are physically outstanding'- South Korea U20 coach praises Flying EaglesPublished: June 02, 2023
Asian side South Korea caused an upset by beating Ecuador 3-2 on Thursday to set up a quarterfinal meeting with the Flying Eagles at the ongoing Fifa U20 World Cup in Argentina.
The Red Devils were 2-0 up inside 20 minutes thanks to strikes from Lee and, Bae but the South Americans halved the deficit at minute 36, before Choi restored the two-goal advantage two minutes into the second half.
Ecuador did not have enough time for an equalizer after Sebastian Gonzalez blasted the ball into the net from close range in the 84th minute.
South Korea have now qualified for two consecutive Fifa U20 World Cup quarterfinals, they were beaten in the final four years ago by Ukraine.
Heading into the fixture against Nigeria, the Koreans are at a disadvantage in terms of recovery as they played their quarterfinal clash after the Flying Eagles' win versus Argentina, meaning Ladan Bosso's team have an extra day to recover.
Speaking post-match, South Korea U20 manager Kim Eun-jung praised the Nigerian players for their physicality ahead of Sunday's game, and stressed that they must be well prepared to stand a chance of beating the Flying Eagles.
In quotes relayed by Chosun, Eun-jung stated: "When I watched the game against Argentina yesterday, the Nigerian team seemed to be very well prepared. Players in all positions are physically outstanding and have flexibility. We will do the analysis properly."
He added: "We will prepare hard for the match against Nigeria, so please support us from afar. As an Asian team, Korea is the only team that maintains its pride, so I will prepare well for the next game and produce good results with a sense of responsibility and pride as an Asian representative."
Nigeria will do battle with South Korea at the Estadio Único Madre de Ciudades, Santiago del Estero on Sunday evening, with the winner facing either Italy or Colombia for a place in the final.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football