Barcelona sweating on the fitness of Oshoala ahead of UWCL final against WolfsburgPublished: June 02, 2023
Spanish Liga F champions Barcelona are sweating over the fitness of Asisat Oshoala ahead of the UEFA Women's Champions League final against Wolfsburg at the PSV Stadium, Eindhoven on Saturday, June 3.
Barcelona head coach Jonatan Giráldez named a 27-player group for the trip to the Netherlands, with Oshoala and Spanish-Nigerian wonderkid Vicky Lopez making the cut.
However, there are genuine concerns about the fitness of the Super Falcons striker, who is struggling to overcome a thigh injury before the showpiece.
On the eve of the final, the 28-year-old underwent individual training as her teammates sweated it out on the pitch.
She was forced off injured in Barcelona's final league game of the 2022-2023 season, making way for Salma Paralluelo in the 21st minute after feeling discomfort in her thigh.
This season, Oshoala has appeared in nine Champions League matches, scoring five goals including braces against Benfica and
She was also rated as doubtful to take to the pitch against Chelsea in the semifinals at Stamford Bridge, but came off the bench for the last six minutes.
Barcelona have reached the Champions League finals four times in the past five years, with Oshoala part of the squad that won it in the 2020-2021 season.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football