Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona keeping tabs on Flying Eagles-eligible left-backPublished: June 23, 2023
Top European clubs are keeping tabs on Demark U19 international of Nigerian descent Patrick Dorgu, his Nigerian agent Kingsley Ogbodo has claimed.
If Ogbodo's name does not ring a bell, he is a former footballer turned agent and widely regarded in these parts as former Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho's man Friday.
Ogbodo's client, Dorgu was a key member of the Lecce squad that won the Primavera League in 2022-2023, scoring four goals in thirty three appearances in the regular season, before going the distance against Fiorentina in the playoffs final.
The left-back is now on the radar of Liverpool, Manchester City and Barcelona on the back of his impressive performances for Lecce youth team.
Dorgu, a product of the famous FC Nordsjaelland academy, joined Lecce in the summer of 2022 and has a valid contract with the Giallorossi until June 30, 2027.
Ogbodu revealed that Liverpool would like to sign Dorgu but have not firmed up their interest by making an official bid, and two other big clubs Manchester City and Barcelona have watched him.
"Liverpool want him. Liverpool have been watching him and interested in him for some time, but if he goes there he will have to play in the U23 (U21) team," Ogbodo told bold.dk.
"It's not the best for him, so I advise him not to do it. They can offer him a lot of money, but that's not what we're looking for right now. We focus on his career, development and playing time.
"Liverpool is of course not the only club that wants him. There are many clubs here in England who are keeping an eye on him.
"Manchester City kept an eye on him when he played against England for the U19 national team in Hobro in Denmark.
"Lecce's scout has also told me that Barcelona is also keeping an eye on Patrick, because he is a huge talent."
Ogbodo concluded by saying that he would like Dorgu to stay at Lecce for two more seasons so he can gain experience and playing time before taking the next step in his career.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Key stat shows dogged Tottenham left-back Udogie is the dirtiest player in the Premier League this season
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football