Confirmed: Chelsea announce signing of history-making left-footed wingerPublished: July 16, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Chelsea have announced the signing of Brazilian youth teamer Angelo Gabriel from Santos.
The length and financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed by the Premier League giants.
However, it has been widely reported that Gabriel is joining Chelsea in exchange for 15 million euros.
Aged 18, Gabriel departs Santos with 129 senior appearances under his belt, scoring five goals and distributing ten assists to his teammates.
The left-footed winger entered into the history books as Santos' youngest-ever player in the Brazil national championship when he made his debut against Fluminense in the Maracanã, aged just 15 years and 308 days.
Gabriel became, in April 2021, the youngest player to score in the Copa Libertadores during Santos' 3-1 victory over San Lorenzo.
The highly-rated teenager is expected to be loaned to Strasbourg for the forthcoming season.
Spanish champions Barcelona were interested in signing Gabriel but prioritized a move for Athletico Paranaense's Vitor Roque.
Photo Credit: santosfc.com.br
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football