Fit Gent striker Gift Orban left on the bench amid links with Tottenham HotspurPublished: August 07, 2023
Prolific Nigerian attacker Gift Orban was a non-playing substitute as KAA Gent registered a 1-0 road win over KV Mechelen in a Jupiler Pro League clash at the AFAS Stadion on Sunday evening, even though he is in good physical condition.
Orban has been linked with a possible move to Tottenham Hotspur in recent days, with the Lilywhites targeting him as a possible replacement for their iconic player Harry Kane, who is heavily courted by German champions Bayern Munich.
The 21-year-old being left on the bench for the entirety of the game has nothing to do with his form as he has picked up where he left off last season by scoring in each of his first two competitive matches for De Buffalo's in the new season.
Orban has not tasted action for two games in a row, against MSK Zilina in the second leg of the second qualifying round of the Europa Conference League and KV Mechelen in the Belgian top-flight, fueling speculation that a transfer may be on the cards this summer.
Gent manager Hein Vanhaezebrouck has insisted that it was a coaching decision to keep Orban on the bench and nothing to do with an imminent transfer.
Vanhaezebrouck said to Het Laatste Nieuws: "No. I'm not going to say anything more about it. We're talking about a player who hasn't played. Fifteen boys made minutes today.
"You can ask me anything about them. Gift will play again soon and then you can ask me about him again."
Orban was disappointed to be an unused substitute against KV Mechelen and did not feel like celebrating with the Gent fans at the end of the game but later changed his mind and joined his teammates.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football