'We'll be ready' - Dessers insists that Rangers players can handle the PSV Eindhoven crowdPublished: August 29, 2023
Rangers forward Cyriel Dessers has revealed his side's readiness for the unfriendly atmosphere that they would encounter in their UEFA Champions League second leg playoffs tie against PSV Eindhoven at the Philips Stadion in the Netherlands tomorrow.
The first leg ended in a 2-2 draw at the Ibrox Stadium with Dessers playing a vital role in the Light Blues' second goal of the game having assisted Rabbi Matondo in the 76th minute of the encounter.
The Nigeria International has registered 1 goal and two assists for Rangers in the Champions League qualifiers with his only goal being the strike in the first leg of the fixture against Servette at the Ibrox Stadium
The 28-year-old has expressed what to expect ahead of their fixture against PSV and believes in the ability of his teammates to handle the circumstance
In quotes relayed by Rangers Review, the Belgium-born forward said: "The atmosphere will be on fire there as well, like it was at Ibrox. I think Ibrox tops it!
"I think the players at Rangers are used to the crowd here at Ibrox, they have experience in the Champions League.
"I know they can handle this crowd as well. We will be ready and we will put in a good performance and hopefully that will be enough for us."
Rangers are hoping to make it back-to-back qualification for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in 12 years with their last being between 2009/10 and 2010/2011 seasons.
The draw for the group stage of the competition takes place on Thursday at the Grimaldi Forum in France.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football