Fulham want to bring Hale End product Iwobi back to London but face competitionPublished: August 29, 2023
Fulham are linked with a move for Arsenal's Hale End Academy product Alex Iwobi ahead of transfer deadline day.
Sky Sports is reporting that the Cottagers are in talks with Everton over the signing of the Nigeria international.
If the deal were to happen, it would be a reunion of sorts between Iwobi and Fulham boss Marco Silva who both worked together at Goodison Park.
Indeed, the Portuguese football tactician was among the Everton higher-ups that rubber stamped the signing of Iwobi on a five-year deal from Arsenal in the summer of 2019 for a fee of 28m pounds plus an additional £7m in performance-related add-ons.
With Silva in the Everton dugout, Iwobi appeared in sixteen official matches, scoring two goals and providing an assist.
Fulham face competition for the services of Iwobi with one unnamed Premier League club and one from Europe also interested in the 27-year-old.
The Super Eagles playmaker has been offered a new contract to extend his stay at Goodison Park but talks have dragged on for months.
Iwobi is a seasoned campaigner in the Premier League having recorded 17 goals and 29 assists in 223 appearances.
On the international stage, he was in the Super Eagles squad to the 2018 World Cup and has attended two Africa Cup of Nations.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football