Six players of Nigerian descent get Chelsea shirt numbers for 2023-2024 seasonPublished: August 29, 2023
Chelsea's extended squad numbers for the 2023-2024 season has been revealed ahead of the development squad's Papa John's Trophy clash against the first team of Milton Keynes Dons at Stadium mk on Tuesday evening.
Six players of Nigerian descent have been assigned squad numbers namely Faustino Anjorin, Richard Olise, Chinonso Chibueze, Tyrique George, Somto Boniface and Saheed Olagunju, according to information from Chelsea Youth.
Anjorin, who has been heavily linked with a temporary departure from the Blues before the close of the summer transfer window, has been allocated the number 42 kit.
The versatile midfielder wore the number 55 at the back of his jersey in his last competitive game for Chelsea, against Barnsley in the Emirates FA Cup back in February 2021.
Fullback Olise has been assigned number 58, winger Chibueze number 66, while George, Boniface and Olagunju will be wearing the numbers 67, 76 and 81 respectively.
The Nigeria-eligible players will wear the same shirt numbers should they feature for the first team in 2023-2024.
With the exception of Anjorin, the aforementioned players have not received call-ups to Chelsea's first team.
At first team level, Noni Madueke has been allocated number 11, Lesley Ugochukwu 16 and Carney Chukwuemeka 17.
Tino Anjorin - 42
Richard Olise - 58
Chinonso Chibueze - 66
Tyrique George - 67
Somto Boniface - 76
Saheed Olagunju - 81
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football