'He's very strong' - Chukwueze names the most underrated player in the current Super Eagles teamPublished: September 09, 2023
AC Milan winger Samuel Chukwueze believes Frank Onyeka is the most underrated player in the current Super Eagles squad and stressed that the Brentford midfielder is better than most people think.
And to drive home his point, Chukwueze underlined the qualities of the FC Ebedei product who has played the role of a back-up holding midfielder for club and country.
Of the nineteen times Onyeka has been included in a Super Eagles matchday squad, he has started only six times.
The absence of Alex Iwobi and Joe Aribo struggling for game time at Southampton will surely help Onyeka's chances of being named in the starting lineup against São Tomé and Príncipe.
Onyeka has been nicknamed 'Frank the Tank' due to his no-nonsense approach, strength and tackling ability.
"I think we have so many talents in this team. The most underrated player, we have Frank Onyeka," Chukwueze said to Football Fans Tribe.
"Onyeka is a very amazing player, he's fantastic, he's very strong but he's not reckoned with."
Although he is a defensive-minded player, Onyeka has a good disciplinary record as he has been sent off twice in 185 career appearances combined for FC Midtjylland, Brentford and the Super Eagles.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football