UEL wrap: Boniface on target for highest scoring team Europe's top 5 leagues; goal for OgbuPublished: September 21, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the Nigeria-eligible players who scored for their respective clubs in the Europa League on Thursday, September 21.
Victor Boniface is proving to be a bargain signing at 20 million euros after a blistering start to his career at Bayer Leverkusen.
The newly-capped Nigeria international has taken his goal involvements to nine in six matches across all competitions after his goal and assist helped Bayer Leverkusen thrash Swedish opponents BK Hacken 4-0 in a Group H tie at the BayArena.
Ten minutes in, Florian Wirtz broke the deadlock when he lobbed the BK Hacken goalkeeper after he was teed up by Boniface.
At minute 66, Boniface put the ball through the legs of Abrahamsson to make it 3-0 - his sixth goal in all competitions this term.
According to the statisticians at OPTA, Bayer Leverkusen have scored a total of 25 competitive goals this season - more than any other side in Europe's top five leagues.
Former Flying Eagles defender Igoh Ogbu and his club Slavia Prague are also off to a winning start, beating Servette 2-0 at Stade de Genève (Lancy) in Group G.
In the 58th minute, Ogbu, with a header, directed the ball to the right post to double the advantage and immediately ran to celebrate with the traveling Slavia Prague fans.
It was his second goal in Slavia Prague colours in what was his 29th appearance in all competitions since his arrival at the club from Lillestrom in Norway.
Ogbu also helped Slavia Prague keep a clean sheet in ninety minutes of action.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football