Flying Eagles-eligible winger nets brace for Chelsea U18 team coached by Nigerian tacticianPublished: September 23, 2023
Flying Eagles-eligible winger Tyrique George continued his impressive form when he netted a brace and got an assist in Chelsea's 6-3 win over Norwich City in an U18 Premier League game at the Colney Training Centre on Saturday afternoon.
The 17-year-old was the only Nigeria-eligible player named in the starting XI by Chelsea U18s' Nigerian coach Hassan Sulaiman
while Chinonso Chibueze came on as a second-half substitute in the game.
He got his first goal contribution of the encounter in the 4th minute when he assisted Donnell McNeily for the opener before Shim Mheuka doubled the young Blues' lead in the 16th minute with a precise header.
The Anglo-Nigerian player got his name on the scoresheet for the first time in the encounter in the 41st minute with a solo effort to make it 3-0.
Elliot Myles pulled one back for Norwich immediately after the start of the second half before George restored Chelsea's three-goal cushion in the 51st minute after pouncing on a rebound.
Michael Golding and McNeilly extended Chelsea's lead before the game got dramatic with Norwich pulling two goals in quick succession to ensure a frenetic ending to the encounter.
With his brace against the young Canaries, George has now netted 3 goals for Sulaiman's side in the U18 Premier League this season.
Chelsea will face Arsenal in their next league fixture on September 30 at the Cobham Training Ground.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football