'I'll walk from Munich to Belgium for this player' - Lothar Matthaus on Bayer Leverkusen new darling BonifacePublished: September 27, 2023
Football pundit and Bayern Munich legend Lothar Matthäus has said that he would have signed red-hot Nigerian striker Victor Boniface for the Bavarians.
Boniface has been in sensational form for Bayer Leverkusen since the start of the current Bundesliga campaign, averaging at least 1 goal per game.
Across 7 games across all competitions for Xabi Alonso's side, the Super Eagles forward has only failed to score on two occasions which indicates his consistency in front of goal since the start of the season.
The 22-year-old bagged the Bundesliga Player and Rookie of the Month respectively for August which is a testament to his brilliant start to life in the German top-flight.
Boniface ended his association with Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in the summer for a fee of 20 million euros.
Matthäus has congratulated Bayer for signing the Nigeria international and disclosed that he would have signed him for Bayern Munich
"Congratulations to Leverkusen - for the other scouting departments in the Bundesliga I say: 17 times the grade 5 that they didn't bring this player from Belgium for this amount," Matthäus wrote in his column Sky Germany via Spox
"Perhaps some clubs had concerns because he had already torn his cruciate ligaments twice,"But after I saw him two or three times, I thought: 'I'll walk from Munich to Belgium for this player.'"
Boniface has featured in all games involving the Black and Reds so far and has mustered 11 goal contributions.
He will have the chance to continue his impressive form when Bayern Leverkusen face Mainz O5 on matchday 6 of the Bundesliga on Saturday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football