The 5,481-day record Boniface could break in Bayer Leverkusen's clash v Mainz on SaturdayPublished: September 27, 2023
Nigeria international Victor Boniface could break a record that has stood for fifteen years and a couple of days when Bayer Leverkusen face off with Mainz at the MEWA ARENA on Saturday, September 30, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Boniface has adapted to the German Bundesliga like a duck a water following his summer transfer from Belgian club Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, with six goals in his first five matches in the division.
According to the official website of the Bundesliga, only Patrick Helmes in the 2008-2009 season and Ulf Kirsten in1996-1997 had achieved this in the Bayer Leverkusen jersey after five games in the German top flight.
Patrick Helmes holds the record for the most goals scored by a Bayer Leverkusen player after six matchdays with seven goals to his name, which was set on September 27, 2008.
Saturday will make it 5,481 days Helmes set the record - in a 3-2 win at VfL Bochum, where he scored Bayer Leverkusen's third goal after the hour mark.
Boniface would equal the record if he finds the net against Mainz and set a new club record with at least two more goals added to his tally.
The 22-year-old already has three two-goal performances in three of his last four matches in the Bundesliga, with braces against Borussia Mönchengladbach, Darmstadt 98 and Heidenheim.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football