Former Manchester United coach hands Austria call-up to 2020 Super Eagles inviteePublished: November 07, 2023
Former Manchester United manager Ralf Rangnick has named his squad for the November internationals against Estonia and Germany, with 2020 Super Eagles invitee Tobias Lawal part of the 24-man group.
Lawal is one of the two new faces in the squad, the other being Maximilian Entrup from TSV Egger Glas Hartberg.
The LASK glovesman can become cap-tied to his country of birth with an appearance in the 2024 European Championship qualifier against Estonia on November 16.
Lawal has received his first senior call-up to the Austria squad after previously playing for the U19s, U20s and U21s.
The Linz native became provisionally cap-tied to the Austrians on June 8, 2021 when he started a European U21 Championship qualifier against Estonia.
Lawal has been in good form this season for LASK, appearing in 19 matches across all competitions and has kept seven clean sheets while conceding nineteen goals.
Defending the invitation of Lawal, Rangnick was quoted as saying the official website of the Austrian Football Association: "Tobias Lawal is doing well at LASK - both in the league and in the Europa League.
"He is a goalkeeper with a great perspective. We want to give him the chance to show himself."
Lawal will link up with another Austrian-born player of Nigerian descent, David Alaba, who has also been named in the squad by
Ralf Rangnick, while Kano-born striker Chukwubuike Adamu has been named on the standby list.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football