Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTWPublished: December 04, 2023
BBC football pundit Garth Crooks has revealed his standout performers for the Premier League games played at the weekend, with a Nigeria-eligible player making the cut.
Italy U21 international of Nigerian descent, Luca Koleosho has been selected in the BBC Team of the Week on the back of his outstanding display during Burnley's 5-0 rout of Sheffield United at Turf Moor.
The exciting winger, who has caused lots of problems for opponents without actually scoring, got his name on the scoresheet in the second half as the Clarets thrashed Sheffield United 5-0 at Turf Moor on Saturday.
Two minutes before subbing out, Koleosho increased the Clarets lead, beating Blades goalkeeper Wes Foderingham at his near post to put the game to bed - his first goal in English football.
Eight different teams have contributed players to the Team of the Week namely Everton, Liverpool, Burnley, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur.
Protecting Jordan Pickford in a back three are Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dara O'Shea and Fabian Schar, while Koleosho has been deployed in a four-man midfield also containing Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard, 2022 World Cup winner with Argentina Enzo Fernandez and Dwight McNeil.
And in attack, Ollie Watkins is flanked by Dejan Kulusevski and Anthony Gordon.
On Koleosho, Crooks wrote: "However, Burnley have players who appear capable of adapting to the modern game and none more so than Koleosho. The 19-year-old looks exciting and has an appetite for goals. "
Koleosho logged 946 minutes spread across fourteen matches, twelve of which he started, before scoring his first goal in the Premier League.
Photo Credit: burnleyfootballclub.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football