Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 awardPublished: December 04, 2023
Taiwo Awoniyi has been nominated for the Nottingham Forest Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award.
He was named alongside Orel Mangala, Danilo and Morgan Gibbs-White for the award whose winner will be decided by fans' votes.
The Super Eagles forward has been in stellar form in the past 12 months and played no small part in Forest preserving their Premier League status last season.
The former Liverpool striker was the top scorer for Steve Cooper's side, scoring 10 goals, six of which he bagged in the last in the last four matches.
He has also started this season on a good note, mustering 4 goals and two assists in 10 league games this season including strikes against Manchester United and Arsenal and is Nottingham Forest's top scorer in the Premier League.
The 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup winner is currently recovering from a groin injury which will keep him out till next year and has made his participation at the Africa Cup of Nations highly unlikely.
Undoubtedly, Forest have looked better with the presence of the Nigerian striker and his struggles with injuries have affected their performances this season.
They currently sit 15th in the Premier League standings, six points adrift of a place in the relegation zone.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football