Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old TraffordPublished: December 06, 2023
Manager Mauricio Pochettino will not be able to call upon the services of Lesley Ugochukwu for Chelsea's blockbuster Premier League clash against Manchester United on Wednesday night.
The Argentine football tactician revealed during Tuesday's pre-match press conference that the France U21 international of Nigerian descent felt something last week.
Pochettino chose not to go into details about the injury suffered by the holding midfielder, but stated that it was a minor injury.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that the former Rennes starlet has been diagnosed with a muscle tear injury.
If the prognosis from Chelsea's medical team is anything to go by, Ugochukwu will return to full training very soon, provided he does not suffer a relapse during his rehabilitation.
It is understood that Lesley's dad has already landed in Manchester and will be among the spectators at Old Trafford tonight but will not be able to feast his eyes on the player who is sidelined.
With the exception of the visit of Brighton & Hove, Ugochukwu had been picked in every matchday squad announced by Pochettino this season.
The 19-year-old has received sixteen call-ups in all competitions and played in twelve games including five as a starter.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football