'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is soldPublished: December 09, 2023
Former Chelsea midfielder Craig Burley has urged Manchester United to consider signing Bayer Leverkusen star Victor Boniface.
The Nigeria international has been in sensational form in the last 12 months, won the UEFA Europa League joint top-scorer last season and that earned him a move to Bayer Leverkusen.
Since his move to BayArena in the summer, he has continued to grow in leaps and bounds, helping Xabi Alonso's side to mount an unexpected title charge.
On Friday, the 22-year-old beat Merlin Röhl and Xavi Simons to the Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for November, making it the fourth consecutive time that he has won the award.
When asked about who Manchester United should consider signing after INEOS Group acquire 25 percent stake in the club, Craig Burley has said they should consider signing Boniface
"I think they need to bring in somebody to take some weight off Rasmus Hojlund because Martial is a waste of space. I don't know if they'd be looking at someone like Boniface from Leverkusen. But we are talking about the summer here," Burley told ESPN FC Extra Time.
Manchester United acquired the services of Rasmus Højlund in the summer but the former Atalanta forward has struggled to hit the ground running.
Boniface is already being linked with a move from Bayer Leverkusen and it could be only a matter of time before he leaves the BayArena if he continues his goalscoring form.
He has recorded 20 goal involvements (14 goals, 6 assists) in twenty games for the Black and Reds.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football