Bad news: Transfer of Nigerian striker to Eintracht Frankfurt off after failed medicalPublished: January 03, 2024
The impending move of Nigerian and Viktoria Plzeň striker Rafiu Durosinmi to Eintracht Frankfurt has reportedly collapsed.
According to German newspaper Bild, the Bundesliga side have decided to pull the plug on the deal after an abnormality was discovered during his medical examination which is not related to the knee injury he is recovering from.
Durosinmi was supposed to join the 2022 UEFA Europa League champions for €9m and should have signed a contract that will keep him at the club till 2028 as they had hoped he would replace Randal Kolo Muani whom they lost to PSG in the last transfer window.
This would be a huge blow to the promising striker who who would have been relishing the opportunity to play in the Bundesliga, which is one of the top 5 leagues in Europe at the moment.
He had a great start to the campaign in the Fortuna Liga, the Czech Republic top tier division but his season was interrupted by a knee injury he picked up in October.
If the deal had been completed, Durosinmi would have become Eintracht Frankfurt's second signing of the January transfer window after Netherlands international midfielder Donny van de Beek who has been loaned in from Manchester United.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football