Watford To Investigate Nigerian Striker For Arguing With Teammate After Chelsea LossPublished: May 16, 2017
Watford coach Walter Mazzarri will investigate an argument between strikers Stefano Okaka and Troy Deeney after their entertaining 4-3 loss to champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday night.
The Italy international of Nigerian descent equalized for the Hornets in the 74th minute (3-3), but the visitors were denied a draw when Cesc Fabregas netted the winner with two minutes left on the clock.
''I felt we could have won the game. It didn't happen so we were all very nervous, '' Mazzarri said.
"They are friends, they are always together and they joke with each other, nobody told me anything.
''I want players that have character that talk to each other on the pitch and off. Tomorrow I will investigate, but I don't think it was nothing."
Okaka came off the bench in the 71st minute before Super Eagles invitee Ola Aina joined him on the pitch four minutes later, his first appearance for Chelsea at any level since February 24.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football