Why Moses Did Not Play Against Man City? Chelsea Coach Gives Valid ReasonsPublished: October 02, 2017
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has explained why Nigeria international Victor Moses did not figure for the Premier League champions in their important match against Manchester City this past weekend.
The Super Eagles star put in a full shift in three consecutive matches played across ten days and the Italian manager made the right decision to rest the right wing-back or he would have risked picking up an unwanted injury, ahead of Nigeria's crucial World Cup qualifier against Zambia.
''To play three games in seven days is not simple, above all for our wing-backs,” Conte said, according to Independent UK.
''Moses played two whole games against Stoke [City] and Atletico, [Marcos] Alonso played one and a half games, because against Stoke I changed him after 10 minutes.
''Then you have to try to not put your difficulty players in difficulty, and not to risk this type of player, because Moses for us is an important player, and to play three games in only seven days, it means that you risk. ''
Chelsea have lost the two Premier League games, against Burnley and Manchester City, without Victor Moses on the Stamford Bridge pitch.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- The Best Men's & Women's Coaches : How Rohr & Mikel Voted; Ebi Includes Chelsea Coach In Top Three
- Teenage Nigerian Winger Receives The Highest Praise Possible From Arsenal Legend Ljungberg
- Fifa Best Awards How Nigeria Voted: Rohr Went For Modric, Mikel Chose Messi; Falcons Coach, Captain Disagree
- FIFA Recall Nigeria's 2018 World Cup Appearance In Best Awards Ceremony
- Leicester City's Iheanacho Sings The Praises Of Wolves Manager Ahead Of Carabao Cup Tie
- Arsenal Captain Koscielny Reveals Four Qualities Of Iwobi & Winger's Two Weaknesses
- Nigerian Striker On Target In Shootout As Man Utd Qualify For Premier League National Finals
- Sunderland's Nigeria Target Maja Named In EFL Team Of the Week
- Victor Moses In Contention To Face Liverpool In League Cup As Pedro Misses Training
- Iwobi Gets Good Ratings Despite Playing For 21 Minutes Vs Everton
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football