Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With ChelseaPublished: July 20, 2018
Promising central defender Marcel Lavinier has penned his first-ever professional contract with Premier League side Chelsea.
Born December 16, 2000, the Portuguese has been rewarded with a new deal after helping Chelsea U18s win the U18 Premier League and the FA Youth Cup last season.
He joined Chelsea at U8 level and was named on the bench for the U18s while still a schoolboy during the 2016-2017 campaign.
A delighted Lavinier tweeted the good news on Friday: ''Happy to have signed my first professional contract for @ChelseaFC 🙏🏽''.
Lavinier was born in London and has represented the English U16 and U17 national teams.
He is also comfortable playing as a right back.
Photo Credit : /twitter.com/MarcelLavinier_
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Flying Eagles Star Michael Olaitan Dragged To Court In Jos Over N0.4B Estate
- Could FIFA's Loan Plans Mean Super Eagles Star Departs Chelsea?
- Odion Ighalo Interview: Every Word On Super Eagles, South Africa, Revenge, Red-Hot Form, Return To Europe, CSL
- Rio Ave's Kelechi Valued At N3.71B Claims Interest From French Club Nantes
- Ahmed Musa On Super Eagles Winner Vs Libya: I Expected Ighalo To Return The Pass
- Ex-PSG Whiz Ogbeche Fires 10-Minute Hat-Trick For Indian Super League Club
- South Africa Coach Baxter Reveals Gernot Rohr Warned Him Before Bafana Bafana Faced Seychelles
- Super Eagles Defender Ola Aina Joins Torino Training After International Duty
- Official : England Defender Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Manchester United
- Leicester City Expect Super Eagles Stars Iheanacho, Ndidi To Report For Training Friday
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football